Friday, December 14, 2012


Been a while since I have been able to get away from the daily stuff in order to get some work done for others.
These rear doors were pretty rough. Much of the bottom was just gone in general.  I had nothing to work with to even make a template.
So first I built the outer door skins. Tacked them in place and once I was happy with it I began building the 10 other pieces that ended up being the inner structure.
I wanted to make this as stock as possible for the sake of the door seals mating correctly when closed. I could have easily just used one piece and wrapped around the corner however I could have possibly made it so the door wouldn't even close, let alone have a seal that fits correctly.
Below are a few key pictures.

Full album link: https://picasaweb.google.com/107331329764947692089/KennySFJ?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Both doors.

Patch roughed up. Complete with hem. All folded by hand and in a 4" vise! :)
Tacked in..

Bottom of course needed repair as well.
Previous "repair"
New patch panel. Hemmed of course.
Backside
Bottom is non existent! I dont even have a reference!
Yet another picture of the lack of material!

Multiple pcs were made to create the original shapes

Finished inner panel
Forgot the finished surface picture!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment