Friday, June 29, 2012

Finished up the Hood on Kens FJ!

SO I have had this hood for wayyyy too long! I started this hood back before Christmas! In my defense we paused this project to get Kens hand rail designed and welded up. (Ill post up pictures of that later as I am delivering the hood and will snap some shots of the finished railing.) "It turned out awesome and I'm very happy with it" is what Ken had to say when I asked about it.
To date I have completed both fenders, the windshield frame, and now the hood. I still have all 4 of the doors, the entire hard top, and I need to get over to his house and weld the firewall to the new tub he bought out of South America somewhere. The quality of the tub awesome!


Link to entire album:  https://picasaweb.google.com/107331329764947692089/KennySFJ


Pitted pretty badly. There are several places on the hood like this but over all the hood will be ok once the body guy does his share.
Drilling out the spot welds to separate the metal without distorting anything.

Bad area removed and ready for the new patch.


New patch being checked for fitment.

All wrapped up with the exception of a bit more weld to make sure it doesn't crack  over time.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment